Yesterday I was reading at one of my favorite blogs, Sweet Paul, and looking at all the delicious recipes that make my mouth water, I found a gourmet treat that I will cook for my dog Winnie. I am sure she will love this and your dog too! This is the recipe directly from Sweet Paul's blog:
Makes about 20 treats - 2 tablespoons canola oil - 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (all-natural or organic) - 1 cup water - 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour - 1 1⁄2 cups white flour - peanut butter, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine canola oil, peanut butter and water.
- Add both types of flour, and work the dough together.
- Wrap in plastic and leave it for around 30 minutes.
- Knead dough into a firm ball and roll to 1⁄4 inch thickness.
- Use a small glass or cookie cutter and cut out small circles.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with peanuts, and press them lightly into mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in a jar with a tight lid.
- When your dog has been good, sandwich a little peanut butter between two cookies and serve.
Sounds delicious! I think I am going to try one too. If you want to get more recipes for your dog, visit Sweet Paul's blog, you will love it!
Photography by Colin Cooke