Happy National Puppy Day! Today dog lovers celebrate puppies in many places. It is not only a day for celebration but for helping puppies who are at shelters waiting to find a loving home. This day was created by Colleen Paige, a pet lifestyle expert in 2006.
Few days ago I took a photo shoot to an adorable family of puppies to help them find a new family. By now, all of them were adopted by good families! I love to contribute to these causes and help dogs to find their way home. Enjoy the photos! They are eye candy for dog lovers.
There are many ways to celebrate this day. You can find a huge list at the National Puppy Day official website as well as resources to help puppies. Some of my favorites from the list are:
1. Adopt a puppy from your local shelter, rescue or pure breed rescue organization.
3. Donate money, food and toys to your local shelter.
6. Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their puppy.
22. Puppy-proof your home and yard with a "puppy safe" inspection.
26. Hire a pet photographer to capture your puppy's fleeting moments.
35. Buy a canine first aid kit and put it in your car in case of injury while away from home.
37. Make sure you have all required vaccines and a regular health exam.
39. Switch to filtered water only from now on, to prevent illnesses related to toxins in normal water supplies.
40. Teach your children and their friends to be kind to your puppy by never pulling on his ears or tail.
43. Take your puppy to an elderly community and spread some love.
48. Pledge to never chain your puppy to a tree or doghouse. Always include your puppy in your family by letting them live inside the home with you.
What other ways you have to celebrate? Share your ideas on the comments section! We’d love to read many more…